Tuesday, March 25, 2008

the jokes begin



I told Manny I was getting Lucky today, and he said, "Anyone I know?"
Bahahahaha. Just one more reason my dog needs a new name.

Here he is in all his blond glory.






And here's another one. He's a little bit camera shy at the moment, and it's hard to get a good snap of him. I had to try and squeeze in before the computer took the picture. Isn't he just so cute?

I'm way more excited than I thought I would be - I'm still a bit freaked out cause I really have no idea how to have a dog. I mean, the basics are self-explanatory, but I hope I'll eventually be able to relax around him and not constantly be looking around for him.
Tomorrow my sister and her family go back home. It has been great having them here, but it will be good to get back to my quiet little life. Being the introvert that I am, it wears on me having people around all the time. And the baby thing - well, I'll post more about that when there is zero chance one of them will look over my shoulder and see what I'm writing.

11 comments:

Jendeis said...

Look at the wittle boy! So cute!!! He is such the Golden Child. :)

Io said...

So cute! I just want to grab the corners of his mouth, all droopy like that, and play with them! And you two have the same scrunchy face in the second picture. Is.so.cute!
Al is also a little nervous about Charlie - he loves him but he keeps asking me what you can or can't do with a dog, feed to a dog, etc.

Manny is funny :)

JJ said...

So sweet! Love the 2nd photo=)

ultimatejourney said...

Oh my goodness, he's adorable!!!

the Babychaser: said...

Oh my, he IS cute! He sounds like he's already an angel--I doubt you need to do much training. Having a pet is so wonderful. I'm sure this is going to do you a world of good.

It's funny when you first get a pet how it's all strange and shy. Soon he'll just be like an old roommate, one that you don't think twice about stripping in front of, that is.

Io said...

Well, I don't know that I am all *that* qualified to give doggy advice, but yes I think it's normal for dogs to twitch in their sleep. They dream! Sometimes Betty does these little barks and growls that are very funny.
And I will go send you my address now! Yay things!

kate said...

*BOOM*
(That was me hitting the floor after dying of cuteness exposure)

Paula Keller said...

What a cutie!!! How exciting!

Denise said...

I think you are right about the cocker/lab mix-you can see both in him. He is so cuddly cute! What are you leaning towards for his new name?

Tara said...

He is adorable!!! Such a handsome dog. I'm sure you'll both get settled in, in no time.

Have fun!

Ms Heathen said...

He is just adorable! Can we have some more photos soon?