Thursday, March 20, 2008

today is better

Just a quick note to update everyone on my situation last night. My neighbour and I haven't spoken, but she did speak to her counsellor, whom I saw go over to my neighbour's house. And she seems to have reached out to a few other people she knows, cause people have been coming and going all day.

I am doing much better and want you all to know how much your support helped me through last night and today. As soon as I posted, I felt a sense of peace starting to come to me, and that's just grown today. As painful as it is to have broken the pattern of our relationship by setting some very clear boundaries, I think it is what she needed and I am certain it is what I needed. By turning it over to the universe, knowing I had done my best, and by asking for your support and getting in in such caring and insightful comments, I've managed to make it through a pretty miserable day stronger and saner. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

In other news, my sister, her partner, and their 4.5 month old son arrived this afternoon, and I'm all excited and geared up for the big family extravaganza happening this weekend. It's nice to have something to focus on that brings me joy. I love hosting family events, even though, like most families, mine has a number of definite quirks and can sometimes drive me a bit loopy. But being together, eating and visiting, is one of my favorite things to do.

Hope this weekend you are all enjoying life with people you love.

8 comments:

Io said...

I'm glad you're feeling better about your decision. And I hope you have a fantastic weekend with your family!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Have a wonderful weekend with your sister. I think sometimes you just need to share the burden of knowledge to lighten your load.

Pamela T. said...

Joyful distractions are the BEST! Enjoy...

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said...

Holy Moly! I'm so glad that your neighbor is ok and that she was able to reach out to you for help. Yikes. ((big hugs))

futurewise said...

Your neighbour is lucky to have a considerate neighbour like you. To me, your action is absolutely justified and logical. Have a nice weekend with your family!

Shinejil said...

Have a great time with your family!

I was amazed at the great way you handled helping your neighbor. Good advice from your folks. I hope she feels better soon and continues to find support (not just from you).

Tara said...

Glad to hear the situation has improved.

Have fun this weekend!

Denise said...

Wow you really had a tough week last week. I hope you had/are having a nice time with your family this weekend.