Wednesday, May 28, 2008

ramblings

This will be short, but since I was hoping to post more frequently now that NaComLeavMo is on, and have so far miserably failed, I'm going to figure out something to write anyway.

Started my new job on Monday. So far so awesome. It's totally different from what I did before, which was incredibly high stress. This is basically doing paperwork in an office with one other person in it - the job description is clear, we have a great collective agreement so the hours of work are sweet, plus great benefits, and I've spent the last 2 days training and I'm catching on pretty well, so far. And the pay doesn't even suck! So I am stoked about that, cause if I get knocked up, I'll have a good level of pay to use for my maternity leave. For you Americans, I don't even want to tell you how good we have it up here, but you get a percentage of your pay (I think it's 55%)for a year. And certain employers will top it up - I think mine does, but I'm not sure if I'll qualify as my job is a one-year contract at this point. We'll see - I'm mostly just happy I'll have enough weeks of work to qualify for an awesome part of Candian life.

I found a shopping paradise today - the top floor of a local business, filled with cute dresses and funky clothes of all sorts, all on major sale. I got a ridiculously beautiful frock for $10, and scored a really beautiful spring trench coat in a pearly oyster grey with a smocked detail in the back for half price. The place looked like my teenage room, which looks a lot like my current room - clothes everywhere and a complete mess. Fun!

On the 2ww front, I have practically convinced myself we're headed for a BFP. If it's not, I'm sure I'll be pretty disappointed, but I'm managing to hold things pretty lightly so far. (Although it might not seem like it!) And I have yet to POAS, which I'm pretty proud of. I decided, and Manny also likes the idea, that for now, we get to enjoy the possibility. I'm crampy, which seems like not such a good sign, but I don't think I usually get crampy before my period. One of the other reasons I'm not wanting to POAS is that I'm paying much closer attention to my body right now than I ever have before. This is my first month temping and stuff, and I'm using the "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" software to chart temps and notes on this cycle, so I'm putting in all the little things I'm noticing, like the sore boobs, and the hunger, and the tiredness.

So we'll see when we do the blood draw, I guess. I need to call my clinic tomorrow and find out if I'm really supposed to go in on Saturday or if they'd prefer Friday. My clinic is housed in the hospital here, and it's not really a clinic, although they do treatments. But it's not a private fertility clinic, so while they do make themselves available for procedures on weekends, they're not really set up for doing a whole lot. Plus I wouldn't mind getting some info a wee bit early!

Not so short, I guess. The mighty Kate's mojo must be rubbing off on me.

Oh, and NaComLeavMo rules! It's crazy fun!

3 comments:

Io said...

It is midnight and I just got home and must sleep so I will comment more tomorrow. But I am glad your job is awesome and I am moving to Canada.

Jendeis said...

Hey girl! I am so glad that the job seems to be going well. Crossing all limbs for a BFP for you and Manny this cycle. :)

Amanda said...

Ugh, I so wish I lived up there! I have used up all of my vacation, sick, holiday, and comp time for my maternity leave. And I work for the state! Actually, my time was miscalculated and I have to go without pay for this week (my last week) and have to pay them for mine and Brooklyn's insurance. It's bullshit. You guys are lucky.

Good luck on your 2WW...I have my fingers crossed for you!

Oh, and thanks for the advice. This week and all the decision making has sucked royally.