Sunday, May 18, 2008

the skinny

Ok, so after freaking Vee out a bit, I guess I should clarify what yesterday's post meant. I had my first insemination yesterday and my second today. I've been waiting so long just to get here, just to start treatment. And it feels awesome, being here. It feels strangely right, like this is how it was meant to be all along.

When I peed on an OPK yesterday and saw that I was surging, I just freaked right out. I expected it, but I wasn't prepared. It just suddenly became real and all my hope and excitement and joy just flooded me. And Manny, too. We joked in the car the whole way to the clinic and through the wait and through the ICI and afterwards. And again today.

It's fun right now, and I'm enjoying it. I have the occasional thought that I should rein myself in, but that'll come soon enough. Might as well enjoy the good stuff when it happens, right?

We'll see how I go with the wait. Right now I'm taking everything as a sign, and no doubt I will keep doing that for the next two weeks. If I don't get my period, my clinic will do a blood test on day 35. It is day 22 today.

I know that statistically speaking I shouldn't be this excited, but I just am. According to Dr. Rational, I had beautiful fertile cervical fluid yesterday, and the nurse complimented me on m open cervix today. These are just two of the dozens of signs I have observed that this is going to work, and are by far the most reasonable. I'm quite certain the signs are going to get more random as the days go on here.

Also, all my excitement is coming out here, as we are in total lockdown mode with folks in real life. My family and a few friends have a vague idea that we're starting to try, but I won't be telling them anything until there is a pregnancy to announce, and even that not until I'm at least 8 weeks, more likely 12. It will be kind of torture to wait that long, but that's what Manny and I have agreed on. For now. We'll see if I can keep my pie hole shut for that long.

One good thing is that next week Manny is off work and we'll be together the whole time, and the week following, I start my new job. Yay! Money! So I'll be occupied next week, and the week after I'll be busy learning how to do this job, so I'm sure that will help take my mind off the wait.

I wish I had fun, clever, creative things to say. But I'm just feeling too bubbly to have my thoughts settle for long enough to think anything through. Maybe this is down to all the sugar I've eaten today - my aunt brought over homemade lemon meringue pie (from scratch) that was amazing, and then I've just been eating some delicious chocolates. Mmm, sugar makes my brain all funny.

17 comments:

ultimatejourney said...

Yay for a speedy two week wait. Fingers crossed!

kate said...

Woohoo! It begins! I'm so happy for you. And kudos on the new job. I can't wait to hear more about it.

Yaaaaaay!

Anonymous said...

WoW! How exciting! Semination, a week with Manny and a new job? Sounds like someone is incredibly lucky right now! Fingers crossed for that BFP!!!

JJ said...

You sound so lighthearted and hopeful--i love it!! So hopeful FOR you!
Congrats on the job!

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said...

How exciting!!! OMG, I remember when Hubby and I first started fertility treatments. It took us a long time to be "ready" as well (ahem, HUBBY, ahem)...so when we finally STARTED I felt on top of the world!

Enjoy this time sweetie. I'll be checking back daily and hoping that you are one of the lucky ones who gets PG on the very first try!

Paula Keller said...

Wow! That's really exciting! And the two back to back is a good thing. YAY!

AND you got a job! That'll definitely help keep your mind off of things. As much as I love the weekend, when I'm doing the wait I purposely dive in at work to keep my mind off things. Not that I have to even TRY right now...

Yay! Yay! Yay!

Deathstar said...

Hurray, you're on your way. Treat yourself well, have fun with your hubby and congrats on your new job.

Smiling said...

How exciting..

too bad I we can share some of that pie! I love LM pie.

VA Blondie said...

Very exciting! Hopefully this will work out for you!

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Duffy said...

SO so so excited for you!!!!!

WOW! I have good feelings about this Anna!!!

SO happy to share in this waiting and hoping with you. Here's to a quick 2ww!!!!

And now I am so craving me some lemon merengue(?) pie.....mmmmm....

Io said...

Hello darling, I'm coming out of my funk and I am SO EXCITED for you. I hope learning your new (hopefully exciting) job takes your mind off the 2ww. GO EGGS AND SPERM - Make a BABY!

ColourYourWorld said...

Thanks for clearing that up for me! lol I didn't think so but I couldn't be 100 % sure but wish it was.

I am hoping that the 2ww goes quickly for you , I am excited for you too !

Ms Heathen said...

I'm so glad that you are feeling so positive. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Tara said...

It's so exciting to finally be actively in treatment after waiting so long. Wishing you all the best of luck!

Emily said...

I'm glad you're in a positive place right now!!! Good luck to you & I hope this wait is short & brings wonderful results!!!

Shinejil said...

I'm so glad you're on your way and that you feel so positive about it.

Jen said...

What a wonderful, positive attitude you have! I wish I could be more like that - enjoy the moment, and lets hope you have a quick two weeks and a happy ending (the nonpervy kind)!